South Okanagan Similkameen Volunteer Centre
Annual General Meeting
Including a Special Presentation on Volunteerism
Date: June 16th-Thursday
Time: 12:00- 1:00 PM -Lunch Provided
Location: Main Hall-Penticton United Church-696 Main Street
Parking: Behind Church, also 2 hour parking on Ellis and Main Street
RSVP: By June 10 to email@example.com or call 1-888-576-5661
Arrive Earlier at 11:00 AM for:
• An overview on how to best utilize Volunteer Centre Services
• Renew membership for 2016/17. New members can register prior to AGM if they wish to vote and be listed as a member.
• Your Member Welcome Package
• Your free copy of the Best Practices for Engaging Volunteers.
Develop and Share
your leadership skills-
Volunteer on a Board of Directors
The South Okanagan Similkameen Volunteer Centre, a registered Charity, is seeking board directors.
The Board of Directors, in governing the Volunteer Centre, meet once a month, help communicate the mandate of the Centre, and assist on various projects and programs as needed. All skills are welcome however, particular skills needed include communications, fundraising, marketing, and planning.
The overall mandate of a Volunteer Centre is to encourage voluntary citizen participation in health, welfare, recreation, educational, cultural and civic programs. It does this through the following primary activities:
- Promoting volunteerism to increase the pool of volunteers
- Connecting people to opportunities to serve in the community
- Building capacity in the non-profit sector for effective volunteering
- Providing leadership education on issues relating to volunteerism that impact volunteer organizations.
As a volunteer with the Volunteer Centre you will also learn more about your community and how you can best help.
Interested Board Volunteers can contact the Volunteer Centre for a Board Communications Package at firstname.lastname@example.org.